‘Praise the Lord, Praise the Lord my soul…He is the Maker of heaven and earth,
the sea, and everything in them - he remains faithful forever.’
- For God’s peace and presence in all circumstances and for his promise, to remain forever faithful.
- That conditions have eased ever so slightly for the moment.
- For our dedicated Disaster Recovery Manager, Esther Singenstreu, who leads a team of Anglicare volunteers assisting in evacuation and recovery centres to provide support and material aid for communities in partnership with local and state government agencies.
- For mercy upon our land and for provision of rain, from the Sovereign God of Creation, to drench the drought and heat-affected bush and ground.
- That there is no further loss of life or livestock or property across all fire-affected areas.
- For hard to access communities and those who are trying to provide them with material needs.
- For the mental health and wellbeing for people impacted by the fires and for volunteers and workers who have witnessed trauma and served tirelessly without breaks.
- For the remaining summer months and the communities who fear what might still happen
For those who wish a further resource to pray for our drought and fire affected land, the Archbishop of Sydney has written a prayer.